Mzumbe University will hold its 16th Graduation Ceremonies as follows:
- Main Campus:Thursday, 30th November, 2017 at the Graduation Ground starting at 10:00pm
- Mbeya Campus College: Friday,8th December, 2017 at the Graduation Ground starting at 1:00pm
- Dar es Salaam Campus College: Friday, 22ndDecember, 2017 at the Julius Nyerere International Convention Centre in Dar es Salaam starting at 2:00pm.
The ceremonies will be officiated by the Chancellor of Mzumbe University, Hon. Chief Justice (Rtd.) Barnabas Samatta. Candidates who successfully completed their studies and qualified for the award of Certificates, Diplomas and Degrees of the Mzumbe University for the 2016/2017 academic year will be conferred their respective awards.
Graduation rehearsals will be held as follows:
- Main Campus: Wednesday, 29thNovember, 2017 at the Graduation Ground starting at 2:00pm.
- Mbeya Campus College: Wednesday,7th December, 2017 at the Graduation Ground starting at 4:00pm.
- Dar es Salaam Campus College: Friday, 22ndDecember, 2017 at the Julius Nyerere International Convention Centre starting at 9:00am.
PLEASE NOTE THAT:
- Only those who participate in the rehearsal will be allowed to attend the graduation ceremony.
- Graduands will have to meet their travel, meals and accommodation expenses during the rehearsals and graduation ceremonies.
The graduation ceremonies will be preceded by the 17th Convocation Meeting on Wednesday, 29th November, 2017 starting at 10.00 am in Fanon Lecture Theatre, at the Main Campus. All graduates of the former Institute of Development Management (IDM-Mzumbe) and Mzumbe University are cordially invited to attend.
A Prize Giving Ceremony to students and members of staff with outstanding performance in various areas of core functions of the University during the year will follow just after the Convocation meeting. Prizes for students and members of academic staff at the Campus Colleges will be given during the graduation ceremony of the respective Colleges.
Graduation gowns will be available on hire basis starting from Monday 27th November, 2017 to Thursday, 29th November, 2017 at the Main Campus; from Tuesday, 5thDecember, 2017 up to Wednesday 7th December, 2017 for Mbeya Campus College; and from Wednesday, 20th December, 2017 up to Thursday, 21st December, 2017 at the Dar es Salaam Campus College. All postgraduate and undergraduate degree graduands who wish to attend the graduation ceremony are required to pay a non-refundable fee of TZS 40,000. The fee covers hiring of academic dress (TZS 35,000) and Mzumbe University Convocation (TZS 5,000). The gowns must be returned within seven days after the ceremony. A penalty of TZS 20,000/= will be charged for each additional day the gown is held after the seven days.
Diploma and Certificate graduands are required to pay only TZS 5,000 for the Mzumbe University Convocation.
YOU ARE ALL WELCOME.
Prof. Ganka Nyamsogoro
Deputy Vice Chancellor (Academic)