Applicants must pay an application fee (amount to be determined from time to time).
Fees for prospective candidates applying at the Dar es Salaam campus college are payable to:-
CRDB Bank Plc, PPF Tower Branch Account no. 01J1043012201
All enquiries about admission for postgraduate studies should be addressed to:-
Research, Publication and Postgraduate Studies
P.O. Box 63,
The following are the MINIMUM entrance requirements for postgraduate degrees:
- A candidate for admission into the master’s degree shall hold at least a second class bachelor’s degree from a recognized institution of higher learning or,
- A second class advanced diploma or equivalent qualifications obtained in at least three (3) years of study or,
- A professional qualification such as ACCA, CPA (T), MD, CSP, MCIPS, or their equivalent from recognized professional bodies or institutions,
- A candidate with PASS degree will also be considered upon producing evidence of having obtained an examined postgraduate or professional qualification,
- A candidate who holds unclassified degrees should have an average credit of B or above,
- A candidate holding a degree whose classification is not easily distinguishable by the University shall be required to have his or her qualifications clarified by the Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU) before being considered for an admission.
- Additional requirements for entry to a particular Faculty/ Institute/ school or Programme are presented in the Faculty/ Institute/ school specific requirements
- A candidate shall be registered for the masters degree, upon presenting proof of possession of the entry qualifications.
- Deadline for registration for those selected during first selection shall be on the Friday of the second week of the semester of the academic year. For those selected during second selection the deadline shall be on the Friday of the fourth week after the commencement of the programme in that academic year.
- No candidate shall be registered prior to payment of fees and other dues payable to Mzumbe University.
- Except for executive/distance learning mode, the duration of registration shall be eighteen (18) months provided the maximum duration of active registration period (including extensions if any) shall not exceed three (3) consecutive years. The maximum duration for executive/distance learning mode, shall be five (5) consecutive years.
- A student may be allowed to postpone studies for reasons of proven continued ill health supported by a doctor’s medical certificate, financial problems, or for any other reason which, in the opinion of the Senate, is strong enough to prevent one from pursuing studies effectively.
- Such postponement which shall be approved by the Senate shall be for a semester or one academic year as the case may be provided that this postponement would be within the limit of the three-year time frame.
- A candidate requesting for postponement shall sit for supplementary examination for subjects he/she is entitled to supplement.
- The candidate may apply for extension to relevant Faculty/Institute/School and the Directorate of Research, Publications and Postgraduate Studies (DRPS), and the same be approved by the Senate. A candidate who fails to complete his or her studies within the specified period shall be deregistered from studies.
- A candidate seeking for extension beyond the specified period of completing his or her programme shall be required to pay extra fees proportionately.
- A candidate who passes his or her coursework but fails to complete his or her dissertation or extra required coursework within the period of three (3) years will be entitled to a Postgraduate Diploma subject to Senate’s approval.
- A masters and postgraduate candidate who fails in not more than three subjects shall be allowed to sit for supplementary examinations in September. The candidate who fails in the supplementary examinations shall be allowed to re-sit the failed subjects during the end of semester one examinations of the following academic year, after which if he/she fails again shall be discontinued.
- A candidate who produces a fraudulently obtained certificate during registration process or after registration shall not be registered or shall be deregistered and legal actions shall be taken against him or her.